Wednesday, May 04, 2011

Die Hard Melon

melon sprouts... everywhere!
Maybe you remember when I needed "greens" for my compost and I ended up grabbing waste produce from Edible Arrangements?  Yeah, well that seemed like a great idea and I would still be doing it Today if some A-hole didn't keep stealing my plastic tubs I was leaving by the dumpster for the scraps to be tossed in to.

Anyway, so I've got the finished compost and I'm all too happy to dump copious amounts of the rich, black gold in my beds for new plantings... and then the sprouts came, dozens of them... busting through everywhere, healthy and happy as could be!  It's the melon seeds... they didn't die in the heat of the compost and I now have cantaloups, watermelon, honeydew, etc. sprouting all over the place.  The good news is that I don't have any legit melons sown in these beds so it's easy to spot them, but still!

Puppy Extra!

No comments: