Monday, May 09, 2011

Expansion Potential

Everyday when I drive to and from my house I pass a big empty lot on the street East of mine.  It's not actually an "empty lot" but rather a neighbor's undeveloped (and unused) backyard.  It's fenced for the most part and is flat and covered with weeds.  I've been thinking that should I decide to expand Maiden Farms next year I could possible work out an arrangement with the owner to grant my farming rights.  Possibly even work out a CSA setup.


View Maiden Farms Expansion in a larger map

Never shoot into the sun!  I can see some nice beds there

 My lonely Zucchini plant is pushing some fruit and I decided to eat the babies now while the blossoms are still fresh.  Sauteed in olive oil with a little garlic and it's an amazing side dish; the texture of the flowers is like nothing you've had before.  I plan to get 10 more plants going so I can market the baby zucchini with flowers still attached.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You ate the babies???? You are turning into quite the adventuresome eater.