Tuesday, May 03, 2011

Bolting

Arugula flowers... actually very tasty, even
when the rest of the plant has become
inedible
I can't deny it any longer - my cool season crops are done.  Sure, there are a couple things I can do to squeeze a bit more out but really I need the beds for warm weather stuff so I think I'm just going to yank everything out.  The one exception may be the EW3 bed which is going to get quite a bit of shade this summer.  I think I "could" get another round of spinach to work there, especially if I mulch heavily.

Sad to see you go... by far the Red Cardinal Spinach was my
favorite crop and also most popular with others
Bolting, while a bummer for the farmer does at least make fore some pretty images.  On a side note, arugula and tatsoi (two of the pictured quitters) have quite tasty flowers!

I need to remember to take pictures at this
time... I think it's called the "golden hour"
or something like that...

No comments: