Monday, May 02, 2011

Thanks Mom!

Each plant dug up, new location measured out and replanted
I'll back post about the mess I got myself into this weekend, but basically I had too many peppers to plant so I stupidly planted them too close to try and "make it work".  I also planned to extend the EW2 bed by ~3' to make room for more plants and bused a 1" sprinkler trunk line in the process.  It was a bad weekend for the farm.

Flexible SCH40 PVC is the best thing sinced sliced bread!
Anyway, I knew I had to replant the peppers and spread them out, I also had to repair the busted pipe.  It's a lot of work and my back is flared up right now.  I needed help and of course good ol' Mom was quick to lend a hand.  I kept her hydrated with vodkacrans and she plowed on through, replanting all the peppers while I made pipe repairs and prepped the bed extension.  She also planted 10 marigolds, 2 geraniums and a 6-pack of salvia.

Thanks Mom!


The row is straight, it's an effect of the optics on the
wide angle lens.  The marigolds are supposed to
be "companions" for tomatoes and peppers,
we'll see...

No comments: