Sunday, May 01, 2011

Junk Mail Special

If you were with me Today you know why there aren't any farm updates!  ;)

In this Revenge - Special Edition! post I will show one of my favorite methods to deal with junk mail.  It's made possible by the wonderful Business Reply Mail (BRM) postage type and the annoying marketers that send them to me.  Other than the annual permit fee (which is waived if you are in the 500k mailpiece range) BRM doesn't cost the permit holder anything until you actually USE it - this means that all that junk mail that we receive with the BRM'ed envelope isn't costing them anything, unless you.... mail them back something...








So why not mail back as much crap as you can fit in the envelope?!  I take such pleasure in this game.  Round up some junk mail, tear it up, stuff it in the envelope, lick, seal and put in mailbox.  It keeps the postal workers busy (good), it generates postage revenue for the post office (good I guess... they lose so much money every year, but whatever), it creates work for the mail receiving and processing contractor that opens and sorts the replies (good) and finally.... it costs the producer of the original letter more money (great!).



It's a job creation tool!  It's also my way of saying Eff-You to the junk mail people.

I hope you all give it a try.

No comments: