Tuesday, February 08, 2011

NOT a Failure

savoyed leaf spinach popping up for some sun
I must confess that I've been worried about my recent sowing not emerging, I was sure that I had done something wrong.  There seemed to be some "crusting" - was it too think for the seeds to push through?  Did I let the soil dry out too much?  Did I keep it too wet?  Is it too cold?
My seeds germinated and emerged in 2-3 days indoors and Yesterday was the 7th day since I sowed (sp?) them.  Late last night while on slug patrol a small bit of color caught my eye, I looked closer and it was a seedling!

You guessed it - no help


Sow (ha) I feel better now. I purchased three more 6 packs of peas because everyone likes them so much.  I ripped down a rough-sawn 2x6 into (6) strips to make two new trellises for the peas.  I also used some of the branches from my California Pepper in a pathetic attempt to replicate something from the pages of Sunset magazine.  So pathetic in fact I won't be sharing photos at this time.

No comments: