Monday, January 09, 2012

Spinach!

Decided I needed to get a crop going ASAP for motivation.  Spinach, Red Cardinal to be specific is what I went with.  Following good crop rotation practices meant I needed to use a new bed for this and chose NS2.  Spread some compost and worked it in, watered heavily then placed the drip lines back.  After that I sowed about ~2' of 3 rows of seeds.  Seeds weren't stored properly so I don't know if they are any good, should find out in a couple days.  Next sowing will be 4 rows inbetween each drop line rather than aligned with them, just as a test.  Also torched another hundred square feet of weeds or so and put all the tools away.

Messing around with my camera and learned it had a panorama mode which is pretty cool.  Considering the
minimal time I've been investing I'd say the place is shaping up pretty good.

No comments: