Saturday, April 09, 2011

Pill Bugs 1, Steve 0

I was researching organic methods to deal with my pill bug issue and read what sounded like a perfectly logical method to capture them; rolled up wet newspaper laid on the dirt.  It made perfect sense to me, I knew that pill bugs breathed through gills (seriously, read about these things, they are kind of cool) and thus required damp environments in which to breath.  I also had observed that they like to crawl into and under things to hide.

Anyway, I was all fired up to try it so I grabbed a fresh cocktail and headed out to the shed to set some traps.  I was excited, I felt like I was really on the right path!

I set my traps, moving slowly to enjoy my drink, AM talk radio and chill time.  I feel asleep satisfied, eager to awake and check my traps, fully expecting them to be saturated with sleeping-about-to-be-smashed pill bugs.
6:15am next morning, shoes and jacket on and I headed out to what would be four empty traps, not a single pill bug in sight.

No comments: