Thursday, April 28, 2011

More Summer Prep

That's a bigass pile of compost.  It's a good mix too; after
flipping it the temperature has steadily been climbing and
Today is was actually at 163.  I love composting.

Spent about an hour out back doing more summer crop preparation.  I can't do this... I'm listening to What The Hell Did Jesse Jackson Say with Tim Conway Jr. and it's highly distracting!!

I'll be brief, here's what I did:
  • Pulled out remaining Pea plants in the N/S bed (single tear...)
  • Removed and bundled up Pea Trellises
  • Removed all plants from the raised bed and turned the dirt
  • Cleaned up the bed with the bush beans, cultivated and watered
  • Moved the blue berry pots to the other side of the fence
  • Put away the low tunnels
  • Removed some of the (growing) sod clumps on the NS2 bed
  • Pulled and ate a carrot
  • Watered everything
Not a good photo, my camera (and my lack of mad skillz)
tends to blowout the sky and over expose everything.
Hopefully you can get the idea though... it was nice!
So I hurt my back about 10 months ago and have not ridden (mountain bike) since, I've also been unable to hike or really do anything without being sore afterwards.  I'm 6 weeks into a treatment program that will hopefully correct the problem although I don't feel as much of a change as I would hope.  Anyway, so my Dr. just gave me clearance to ride my bike on a trainer!  I set it up out back and did 20 minutes this evening.  Between the beautiful weather, the sound of the fountain, the view of my garden lit by the near-setting sun and the great book I'm reading I'd say it couldn't have been much better.  Except of course if I were riding with friends, blasting down a trail with a cooler of ice cold Tecate waiting for us when we get back to the cars.... sigh.....


No comments: