Monday, June 13, 2011

Another Pill Bug Trap

I'm still having pill bug issues and was inspired after squeezing some OJ to try my traps again.  This time I cut up some newspaper squares and set the trap on top, the idea being that when I pick up the trap any victims that fall will fall on the paper for easy collection - no survivors!






The colors of the "Bright Lights" are really something, aren't they?!
I should take a minute and come clean; I'm not really out to kill everything that poses a problem for me in the garden, I'm much more interested in an integrated solution that will naturally keep things in balance.  However, when it comes to pill bugs I have not been able to find many strategies for dealing with them, not even many methods to trap or kill them.  I think the problem is really that this whole area used to be sod and even much of the dirt I'm using in my beds was extracted from the sod that was removed and it was most likely infested with pill bugs and pill bug eggs.

No comments: