Sunday, June 26, 2011

Alls Calm

I didn't have a relevant photo from Today so I just skimmed through
some other folders and picked one of my best dog friend, Chui
I'm pretty sure he's about 10 months old here.
Was at the office most of the day, not much farm work.  Been a little worried about perceived paleness of peppers (say that 3 times fast!) in EW2 and suspected stunting of tomatoes in same bed.  I did some reading last night and of course there are dozens of different opinions and guidance.  I could feel that anxious feeling coming and then just-in-time a conversation I had with my wise (and getting wiser) friend Chad (farmer Chad, I've mentioned him before) popped into my head.

We were walking around his horse barn or something talking about various pest treatment options and bad weather and he commented that he finally learned to just relax and let the plants to what hey want to do, not to rush to action and try to fix things so quickly.  I think that's wise.  Not that he doesn't take action, but the point was not to react too soon and just give them a little room.

I followed the advice, I didn't take any drastic measures and instead spent 10 minutes updating their twine support windings, picking a few suckers and just relaxed.  Thanks Chad!

No comments: