Friday, January 21, 2011

Starting More Seeds

heat mats are between the cardboard and the trays
My third post of the day.  Seems excessive until I think that the first was around 1am this morning (because I was up working that late), then the second was middle of the day and just a photo and finally this one almost 24 hours after the first.  The pattern seems to be programming for a long period, taking a break for farm stuff, then back to work (repeat).

Anyway, I decided I should start another round of seeds, especially considering how many salads I'm eating these days and I don't want to run out of greens!  Yet another opportunity to use my time lapse skills...  New heat mats also being put to use on this batch.  I've got another Johnny's order on a UPS truck to arrive here Tuesday - that order is mostly warm-weather stuff but there are some things that I'm eager to get in the ground now (carrots!)

Update: heat pads weren't effective so I removed cell trays from drip trays and that helped.  Taking it further I put a towel over both trays.  Temperature hovering around 80F

No comments: