Sunday, January 16, 2011

Full day of work

All done and ready for planting
Another full day of work, started early and had the second large bed complete by 2:45pm.  After a cold bud I moved on to running some more material through the shredder and finally wrapped up with a little compost work.  Of course I had the camera out and was taking time lapse of everything, videos included below.

It hit 86 degrees Today and I'm sunburned - only in southern California.  Too bad the people and politics suck so bad...

Seedlings doing well, first true leaves starting to pop out which means it's almost time for fertilizer.  I'm also realizing that I will need to transplant these guys up to something a little larger if I'm going to keep them indoors for another 4-5 weeks.  I should also start another round of sowing in preparation of succession plantings.

I need a garden plan quick.


Another time lapse - I CAN'T figure out why the camera is moving, it was securely mounted


Gorillapod clenching (very!) rigid piece of maple (tightly!) clamped to wall cap -
this camera was NOT moving, so WHY are my pictures moving?

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Gorilla pod is not perfect. Screw the camera to the maple next time. The flex is from the plastic part. The maple can flex as well - shorten it up. If you can move it slightly with your finger the wind can move it. Wind could hit the wall and move up and over the wall and make your camera move. Bolt the camera to a short piece of wood and clamp that to the wall cap.

torg said...

Do you remember the wood piece you made for me to take the car on the track? I have the perfect thing to mount with. Stop by some day and I'll let you borrow it.

Scuba Steve said...

@Torg - yeah, I do remember that actually and will come grab it soon, thanks!