Monday, January 10, 2011

Scramblin'!

Oh god, you should see what those
strings are attached to!
Checked my seedling trays this morning and was surprised to see that ~40% have sprouted and are reaching for the light already.  I really didn't expect this to happen so fast, especially considering my temperature had been running on the low side of about 76°  I already have the heat pads ordered and they should arrive in a couple days.  I ran over to Home Depot and picked up a double 48" fluorescent fixture and rigged it up in my extra bathroom, later (maybe this weekend) I will set it all up in my potting shed out back.

Was disapointed to see that the compost in the tumbler is not heating up after I added additional greens.  It's just moist enough, plenty of air available... I don't get it.  The only thing to try is even more nitrogen; I may need to generate a little home made nitrogen booster.

Poor guys, just trying to get a little light

No comments: