Wednesday, July 06, 2011

Tomato Watch - Day 7 (getting old...)

I'm getting tired of this, death travels slowly for tomatoes.  They continue to look beat up, sick, depressed and weak.  I have a couple that are doing terrific yet that only makes the sick look sicker.

I took the ducks back to where I purchased them.  It was sad, and I was bummed to give up on this experiment but it was the only fair thing to do.  They had a good time while they were here and hopefully they find a good new home.

Harvested about 2-1/2 lbs of "provider" beans.  These ones are much sweeter than the spring crop.  Fortex are about 10" long, twisted and wild looking.  Going to look up some bean recipes and put these to use...if I don't eat them all raw first.

Red Orach is bolting as is my arugula - can't take the heat...

No comments: