Wednesday, January 06, 2016

Pump Success

My little 1.5HP pump turned out to be a great piece of equipment. The rain came down hard today, just over an inch in a couple hours which resulted in the flooding I had expected. With enough volume of water I was able to crank up the pump to full throttle and let it run for more than 5 seconds! Here's a video of the murky output at the curb (this is 150' of discharge line, up-grade)

The North-West corner of the yard also floods very bad, I've got a big ass concrete slab back there so can't use the same technique of digging a small hole for the intake line.

I think I can put a hole just on the other side of the compost pallets which also seems to be the lowest point. BTW, for that hole, the gate hole and the side yard hole I plan to use a sprinkler valve vault which will allow me to keep it covered when dry, but quickly pop the lids and drop the pump intake when raining.

No comments: