Friday, January 15, 2016

Pretty Small for a Month Old

Beet seedlings - once they emerged they stalled without
producing true leaves...yet
I don't have much experience growing from seed in the winter, and what experience I do have is from quite a while ago. I'm not sure if it's normal or if I'm failing, but my current seedlings seem awful small for their age. The Kale, Beets, Swiss Chard, Spinach and Peas were all basically sown on 12/15 making them about a month old.
Siberian Kale - after the peas this these guys show the most progress, but STILL...
only maybe 1" tall, MAX
Snap peas are doing the best, but same as the others: they seem to have stalled.
1 month old plants should be bigger than this
BTW, photos taken late dusk with Katy's iPhone - I must admit the white balance and contrast is way better than my phone.

No comments: